Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?

If your incident is an emergency occurring on campus or at the Medical Center in Sacramento: 

  • Call 911 from a phone, or
  • Call (530) 752- 1230 or (916) 734-2555 from any phone

If your incident is an emergency occurring off campus:

  • Call 911

If you have a non-emergency:

  • Call (530) 752-1727 or (916) 734-2555.
If the incident occurred in another city, can I file a report using this system?

No. If a crime took place off campus, please call the police department for that city. If you are not sure
please call us so we may help you.

What if the incident occurred on a state freeway or Highway?

If this took place on a state Freeway please call the Highway Patrol Office nearest you.

What is a known suspect?

A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed
the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.