WHAT IS THIS NOTICE
A crime has occurred that does not meet CLERY timely warning criteria, but it is necessary to notify the community due to lack of suspect identity.
LOCATION OF INCIDENT/CRIME
La Rue Rd. and Dairy Rd., Davis, CA 95616/ 417 PC “Brandishing of a Weapon”
On 12/13/2019, at approximately 1300 hours, UCD Police received a phone report from a student reporting that at approximately 0130 hours this morning he and some friends had been confronted by a subject with a gun on Dairy Rd. at La Rue Rd. just west of the Tercero Hall general area.
A silver 2-door Volkswagen with a male and a female inside stopped on Dairy Rd. and turned out its lights. The male stepped out of the vehicle and brandished a handgun as he verbally confronted the students. After a minute or two, the subject returned to the car and drove away in an unspecified direction.
This crime is currently unsolved and an investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about this or similar incidents should call UCDPD at 530-754-COPS (2677). Updates regarding this incident, when and if available, will be posted on the UCDPD website at https://police.ucdavis.edu
Suspect: Male, African-American, 30’s, 6’2”, medium build, short black hair, wearing a white T-Shirt and blue jeans.
Passenger: Female, caucasian, blonde hair, unknown age or other descriptors.
Vehicle: Silver 2-door Volkswagen.
CAMPUS COMMUNITY SAFETY TIPS FROMUC DAVIS POLICE
- Always be alert to your surroundings.
- Be aware of location and situation that will make you vulnerable to crime, such as alley and dark parking lots.
- Avoid people and situations that make you nervous – trust your instincts!
- Stay in well-lighted areas as much as possible.
- Walk close to the curb and avoid doorways, bushes and alleys where someone could hide.
- Walk confidently and at a steady pace, making eye contact with people when walking.
- Use UC Davis Police Safe Rides after hours on campus by calling 530-754-COPS or download our free smart phone application (TAPRIDE)
- If you ever feel you or others are in danger, call 9-1-1.
- Resources for victims of sexual violence can be found online at sexualviolence.ucdavis.edu or by calling the UC Davis Center for Advocacy, Resources & Education (CARE) Program at 530-752-3299. You can also email this program firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like further information about UC Davis Police Department resources please feel free to visit our website at https://police.ucdavis.edu
Carl Walter #1020
UC Davis Police Department