November 2021: Burglaries
LOCATION OF INCIDENT/CRIME
- 2145 Garrod Dr. #C21-1115
- Garrod Dr./Campbell Rd. #C21-1116
- 154 Hills Dr. #C21-1117
- 1360 Garrod Dr. #C21-1135*
SUMMARY OF CRIME/INCIDENT
On 11-27-2021, at approx. 0555 hrs., the sliding access gate at 2145 Garrod Dr. had been rammed open and a UC Davis Facilities Management Ford Super F-450 truck, with a bucket crane, had been stolen.
At approx. 1006 hrs. officers responded to the building on Campbell Rd./Between Garrod Dr. and Hutchison Dr. The gate had been rammed inwards, the locked building burglarized and a large air compressor stolen.
At approx. 1012 hrs., officers received a burglary call from 154 Hills. The suspect(s) burglarized the main locked building, stole a large assortment of welding equipment, and tools. The suspects stole two Ford trucks (non-university) (one truck towing a dump trailer.) and exited by ramming the north access gate.
1360 Garrod; Between 11-24-21 and 11-30-21, a UC Davis owned Ford dually truck was stolen and a trailer was broken into where property was stolen.*
Suspect: #1 White male, 5-8, 180 lbs., wearing an orange and black ballcap, black sweatshirt, grey jeans, black and white shoes, and wearing yellow work gloves
Additional suspects- Unknown description and number.
CAMPUS COMMUNITY SAFETY TIPS FROM UC DAVIS POLICE
- Always be alert to your surroundings.
- Be aware of location and situation that will make you vulnerable to crime, such as alley and dark parking lots.
- Avoid people and situations that make you nervous – trust your instincts!
- Stay in well-lighted areas as much as possible.
- Walk close to the curb and avoid doorways, bushes and alleys where someone could hide.
- Walk confidently and at a steady pace, making eye contact with people when walking.
- Use UC Davis Police Safe Rides after hours on campus by calling 530-754-COPS or download our free smart phone application (TAPRIDE)
- If you ever feel you or others are in danger, call 9-1-1.
A/Sergeant Pete Diaz #1011
UC Davis Police Department
* Updated 3:41 PM, Nov. 30, 2021