The UC Davis Police Department is proud to serve the UC Davis community both in Davis and Sacramento. Through collaboration with our community partners we strive to provide the highest level of service to all who attend, work and visit our campuses. Our approach is to involve students, faculty and staff in our activities and operations. We know we can't do it alone, and we ask our community and visitors to help us create a safe and secure environment for everyone to enjoy. We are a "Model Law Enforcement Agency".
UC Davis Police Department
The UC Davis Police Department is a "Model Law Enforcement Agency" which is demonstrated through our community partnerships listed below:
- Volunteers In Police Service (VIPS) - A national volunteer citizens police corps program designed to make communities safer, stronger, and better prepared to respond to any emergency situation. Learn more about the national VIPS program. Contact Rick Ehlert, firstname.lastname@example.org, for information about the UC Davis chapter
- VIPS Cadet Program - A unique annual program that is designed to provide UC Davis students with the opprotunity to attend a Pre-Police Academy. This program runs once a year and is also used as a method of creating a diverse police officer hiring pool from within the UC Davis community. When possible, one cadet will be hired as the next UC Davis Police Officer each year while two other cadets receive full sponsorship to a P.O.S.T. certified basic police academy. Learn More
- Citizen's Police Academy - This is an exciting nine-week course that gives you an insider's view of police work on campus. Learn more
- Ride Alongs - Ride with a campus police officer during their patrol shift. Call 530-754-COPS to schedule.
- Aggie Host Security Service - Undergraduate students can join the UC Davis Police Department as an Aggie Host Security Officer (a paid student job). Aggie Host Security Officers provide after hours safety escort services, after hours security patrols at West Village and are available for hire to provide security at campus events. Learn more.
- Feedback - Your feedback helps us better understand and respond to your needs. Take our customer satisfaction survey.
Matthew E. Carmichael
UC Davis Police Chief
Hate & Bias Incidents
The UC Davis Police Department takes hate crimes seriously.
The Hate-Free Campus Initiative is a campus-wide initiative to proactively engage the entire campus community in educational programs, training and activities designed to confront and stop acts of hate.