UC Davis Police Department
The UC Davis Police Department is proud to serve the UC Davis community as well as our medical center campus located in Sacramento. We are here to assist and provide security for all who attend, work, and visit our campuses.
Our approach is to involve students, faculty and staff in our activities and operations. We know we can't do it alone, and we ask our community and visitors to help us create a safe and secure environment.
We invite you to get to know us a little better by participating in one of the following programs:
- VIPS Cadets - A program that provides training, experience, police academy scholarships and jobs in the campus PD to UC Davis seniors. Now recruiting!
- Volunteers In Police Service (VIPS) - A national volunteer citizens police corps program designed to make communities safer, stronger, and better prepared to respond to any emergency situation. Learn more about the national VIPS program. Contact Mary Macias, firstname.lastname@example.org, for information about the UC Davis chapter.
- Citizen's Police Academy - Currently accepting applications for Winter Quarter. This is a nine-week course that gives you an insider's view of police work on campus. Learn more.
- Ride Alongs - Ride with a campus police officer during their patrol shift. Call 530-752-1230 to schedule.
- Aggie Host Security Service - Undergraduate students can get involved as Aggie Host Security Officers (a paid student job). They provide free after hours safety escort services and are available for hire to assist at campus events. Learn more.
- Feedback - Your feedback helps us better understand and respond to your needs. Take our customer satisfaction survey or file a formal commendation or complaint.
We welcome your involvement and participation.
UC Davis Police Chief