Live Scan/Background Appointments
This service is provided for employment with the UC Davis campus and the UC Davis Health System only. UCD Recruiters, please check with Human Resources for the new criminal history check process for volunteers.
Appointments are now scheduled with our online calendaring system (see Schedule an appointment), and are available Monday-Friday at the UC Davis campus, and the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento (see Directions and parking information found below).
Required information for your appointment
- Must present one of the following primary forms of photo ID:
- California Driver's License
- Department of Motor Vehicles Identification Card
- Out-of-state driver's license
- Must bring with you the completed Authorization to Release Information form, and the Fingerprint Authorization form, both provided to you by your hiring department.
- Clients must arrive on time to avoid rescheduling.
Appointments for Registered Nurses (performed at UCDMC only):
- Updated Live Scan information (CA Board of Registered Nursing website)
- Request for Live Scan form (CA Board of Registered Nursing website)
- Once received, print and fill-out the Live Scan form
- Check or money order for $46.80, payable to "The UC Regents"
- Valid government-issued photo ID (state-issued driver's license, government-issued ID or passport)
Schedule an appointment
Please be sure to select the correct calendar for the location in which you wish to make your appointment - the Davis campus, or the Sacramento medical center.
You will be sent a confirmation e-mail once your appointment has been scheduled.