Lost and Found
Welcome to the UC Davis Police Department Lost and Found Unit. We are the central repository for lost and found items on the Davis and Medical Center campuses. The police department on the Davis campus is located at 625 Kleiber Hall Drive next to the fire department. The UC Davis Police Department on the Medical Center campus is located on V Street in Sacramento.
If you find a lost item on the Davis or Medical Center campuses, it is your responsibility to turn the item in at the UC Davis Police Department front counter.
Found items are held at the police department for 90 days. Found items can be retrieved from the Davis and Medical Center campuses Monday through Friday, 8a.m. to 12p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., except during holidays.
Prior to coming to the police department you can ensure we have your item by clicking on the "view found items" link below. To claim an item you must have the report number (found on the letter mailed to you or on the website) along with the following:
- Valid Identification:
- Drivers License
- Student ID
- Employee ID
- Other Photo ID
- Proof of Ownership (at least one below):
- Purchase receipt
- Description of item in detail
After 90 days, unclaimed items are sold at auction. You can view the auction online at calauctioncompany.com
To locate your items please follow the instructions below.
- Click on one of the links below
- You will be sent to a temporary page outside this website.
- Note that the web address will be ucdavislf.com--our lost-and-found service provider's website.
- The report, search and browse pages will all function as they have in the past.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.