Safe Rides availability impacted by temporary staffing shortages, and at times due to special events on campusWe apologize for any inconvenience. Check availability of Safe Rides by downloading the Transloc app. If Safe Rides is unavailable, contact UC Davis Police Dispatch at 530-754-2677 to request after-hours police escort. In case of emergency, please dial 911 .
UC Davis Police Safe Rides—They're Free!
We encourage you to call Safe Rides if you have safety concerns while moving around the Davis campus at night.
Call: 530-754-COPS (2677)
Hours of Operation:
- 7 days a week, 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
On-campus, to another on-campus location
- 7 Days a week 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
On-campus location pick-up, to any location in the city of Davis (Unitrans not running during this time period)
VIP wheelchair transportation
- 24 hours, 7 days a week
On campus to another on campus location
- 7 Days a week, 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
On-campus location pick-up to any location in the city of Davis (Unitrans not running during this time period)
The Safe Rides service is available to anyone as an alternative to walking alone or in a small group at night. Rides are in clearly marked security vehicles, and escorts on-foot are by Aggie Host Security Officers.
All Safe Rides drivers have valid California driver's licenses, and are trained Aggie Host Security personnel who have been background checked, fingerprinted, and are in compliance with the California DMV pull system. Each Safe Rides employee has completed the Safe Driver Awareness course administered by UC Davis Learning and Development instructors.
Requesting a SafeRide just got even easier! We've officially launched a new app called TransLoc!
Setting up the app
- Download the TransLoc App
- Go to Settings and "Login with University account"
- Select University of California, Davis
- Login with your UC Davis LoginID and password
- Enable notifications for the app so we can alert you when we arrive.
Catching your Ride:
- Click on "OnDemand"
- Choose Service "On-campus, Off-campus, or V.I.P Saferide (Wheelchair accessible)
- Click "Pick Up Location" - Tap your location on the campus map
- Click "Drop off Location"- Enter your address or tap your home location
- Select your number of passengers
- Cancellations can be made by the rider through the app
- Additionally, drivers reserve the right to cancel ride requests under certain circumstances including, but not limited to:
- If we cannot find you within a reasonable timeframe
- If you are unable to care for yourself due to alcohol consumption
- If you are injured and have not been evaluated by EMS or a doctor
- If you threaten the safe operations of the vehicle
- If you are using the Safe Ride Services for reasons other than safety
- If adverse conditions exist on campus