To request VIP Wheelchair Transportation:
- Phone: (530) 754-2677
- Email: Ernesto Moron at email@example.com
UC Davis Police Safe Rides — They're Free!
If you have safety concerns while moving about the Davis campus at night we encourage you to call us.
Call: 530-754-COPS (2677)
Hours of Operation:
- VIP wheelchair transportation
- 24/7 on campus to another on campus location
- 7 Days a week, 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., on-campus location pick-up to any location in the city of Davis (Unitrans not running during this time period)
- Safe Rides
- 7 days a week, 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., on-campus to another on-campus location
- 7 Days a week 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., on-campus location pick-up to any location in the city of Davis (Unitrans not running during this time period)
The Safe Rides service is available to anyone who prefers an alternative to walking alone or in a small group at night. Those using the service are given a ride in a clearly marked security vehicle or are escorted on foot by an Aggie Host Security Officer.
All drivers have a valid California driver's license and are trained Aggie Host Security personnel who have been background checked, fingerprinted, and are in compliance with the California DMV pull system. Additionally, each employee of this program has completed a "Safe Driver Awareness" course administered by UC Davis Staff Development.
Your safety is our primary concern!
Requesting a SafeRide just got even easier! We've officially launched a new app called TapRide!
Setting up the app:
1. Download the TapRide app (iPhone/iPad | Android)
2. Select University of California, Davis
3. Log in with your UC Davis LoginID and password
4. Enable notifications for the app so we can alert you when we arrive
Catching Your Ride:
1. Click “Pick Up Location” - Tap your location on the campus map
2. Click “Drop off Location” - Enter your address or Tap your home location
3. Select your number of passengers
1. Cancellations can be made by the rider through the TapRide app
2. Additionally, drivers reserve the right to cancel ride requests under certain circumstances. Circumstances include, but are not limited to,
- If we cannot find you within a reasonable timeframe
- If you are unable to care for yourself due to alcohol consumption
- If you are injured and have not been evaluated by EMS or a doctor
- If you threaten the safe operations of the vehicle
- If you are using the Safe Ride Services for reasons other than safety
- If adverse conditions exist on campus