Call our free Safe Rides service if you have safety concerns while moving around the Davis campus at night.
Safe Rides is available to anyone who would like an alternative to walking alone or in a small group at night. The service provides rides in clearly marked security vehicles, or escorts on foot by an Aggie Host Security Officer.
Call 530-754-COPS (2677)
or download the Transloc app
To request VIP Wheelchair Transportation:
Phone: (530) 752-3278
Email: Lt Zekany, email@example.com
Hours of Operation (effective May 1, 2023)
- 7 days a week, starting at 5 p.m., throughout the night
On-campus, to another on-campus location
- 7 Days a week, 8 p.m. to 3 a.m.
On-campus location pickup, to any location in the city of Davis (Unitrans not running during this time period)
VIP wheelchair transportation
- Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
On campus (including the West Village area), to another on-campus location.
› Requests outside of normal operation must be scheduled in advance for accommodation.
› Students, faculty, and staff must provide approval from the Student Disability Center or the Disability Management Service Office for review and authorization.
› Our priority is our students, faculty, and staff in wheelchairs, but we try to accommodate as many riders and will work with you to find alternatives.
Requesting a Safe Ride just got even easier! We've officially launched a new app called TransLoc!
Setting up the app
- Download the TransLoc App
- Go to Settings and "Log in with University account"
- Select University of California, Davis
- Log in with your UC Davis LoginID and password
- Enable notifications for the app so we can alert you when we arrive.
Catching your Ride:
- Click on "OnDemand"
- Choose Service "On-campus, Off-campus, or VIP Safe Ride (wheelchair accessible)
- Click "Pick Up Location" - Tap your location on the campus map
- Click "Drop Off Location"- Enter your address or tap your home location
- Select your number of passengers
- Cancellations can be made by the rider through the app
- Additionally, drivers reserve the right to cancel ride requests under certain circumstances including, but not limited to:
- If we cannot find you within a reasonable timeframe
- If you are unable to care for yourself due to alcohol consumption
- If you are injured and have not been evaluated by EMS or a doctor
- If you threaten the safe operations of the vehicle
- If you are using the Safe Ride Services for reasons other than safety
- If adverse conditions exist on campus
Download instructions for international students
At this time, the TransLoc app is only available through US app stores. If your app store account is based in a non-US region or country, you will need to do one of the following to download the app:
- Change the region of your app store to the United States
- Create a second Apple ID or Google account with a new email address and a US billing address
About Safe Rides
The Safe Rides service is available to anyone as an alternative to walking alone or in a small group at night. Rides are in clearly marked security vehicles, and escorts on-foot are by Aggie Host Security Officers.
All Safe Rides drivers have valid California driver's licenses, and are trained Aggie Host Security personnel who have been background checked, fingerprinted, and are in compliance with the California DMV pull system. Each Safe Rides employee has completed the Safe Driver Awareness course, administered by UC Davis Learning and Development instructors.
Your safety is our primary concern!