Working at UC Davis offers a day as diverse as the people you’ll serve
The UC Davis Police Department is a state police agency serving the whole of UC Davis, including communities on both the Davis campus and the Sacramento campus (UC Davis Health).
Our staff members have a heart for service
We pride ourselves on effectively communicating with students, patients, staff, faculty and other visitors who come to UC Davis from diverse backgrounds. This builds trust and helps UC Davis Police deliver exceptional patrol, investigative, emergency management and crime prevention services.
From person to person, not call to call
Our focus on community-oriented policing means allowing our staff the time and resources to find solutions for each of the unique people and circumstances they encounter. By building collaborative and lasting relationships with our community, we are better able to create a safe and secure environment at UC Davis.
Are you an ideal candidate to work for the UC Davis Police?
The UC Davis Police Department seeks to hire individuals who embrace working within a diverse community, who can also:
- Communicate effectively with students, patients, staff, faculty and community members who come to UC Davis from varied backgrounds.
- Foster trust, credibility and collaboration with the campus community.
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration that advances safety and security for the UC Davis community.
- Involve members of the UC Davis community and other partners in our department.
Traits and characteristics our police department employees display:
- Belief in the dignity of others
- Community oriented
- Customer focused
- Effective communication skills
- Embraces change
- Interpersonal skills
- Respect for diversity
- Respect for the individual
- Sense of humor
- Sense of service to others/community