Working at UC Davis offers a day as diverse as the people you’ll serve
UCDPD is a state police agency serving the UC Davis community on the Davis campus and at UC Davis Health in Sacramento.
Our officers have a heart for service
We pride ourselves on effectively communicating with students, patients, staff, faculty and other visitors who come to UC Davis from diverse backgrounds. This builds trust and helps UC Davis Police deliver exceptional patrol, investigative, emergency management, and crime prevention services.
From person to person, not call to call
Our focus on community oriented policing means allowing our officers the time and resources to find solutions for each of the unique people and circumstances they encounter. By building collaborative and lasting relationships with our community, we are better able to create a safe and secure environment at UC Davis.
Are you the Ideal Candidate?
The UC Davis Police Department is seeking Officers who embrace working within a diverse community, that can also:
- Communicate effectively with students, patients, staff, faculty, and community members that come to UC Davis from varied backgrounds.
- Foster trust, credibility, and collaboration with the campus community.
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration that advances safety and security for the UC Davis community.
- Involve members of the UC Davis community and other partners in our department.
Traits and characteristics our Officers display:
- Belief in the dignity of others
- Community oriented
- Customer focused
- Effective communication skills
- Embraces change
- Interpersonal skills
- Respect for diversity
- Respect for the individual
- Sense of humor
- Sense of service to others/community