August 2022: Motor Vehicle Theft
WHAT IS THIS NOTICE
CLERY notices are released by the UC Davis Police Department (UCDPD) when certain crimes are reported on or near campus property in compliance with federal law. These notifications provide information about campus safety situations and allow campus community members to take precautions for personal safety. If you would like to learn more about why these alerts are sent to you by the UC Davis Police Department, please visit the CLERY website at https://clerycenter.org/summary-jeanne-clery-act
LOCATION OF INCIDENT / CRIME
Sage Street and Hutchison Place / 459 PC – Burglary and 10851(a) VC – Motor Vehicle Theft
SUMMARY OF CRIME / INCIDENT
On 8/26/2022 at approximately 12:48 PM, theft of cash and a black-orange colored Hiboy electric scooter was reported to UCDPD. Victims discovered the cash and electric scooter were stolen from inside the residence. The suspect (s) had entered the residence through an unsecured entry door and stole the items while the Victims were sleeping inside their rooms. The crime occurred between the evening of Thursday (8/25) and the morning of Friday (8/26).
No suspects have been identified, and the investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about this or similar incidents should contact UCDPD at 530-752-1727. Updates regarding this incident, when and if available, will be posted on the UCDPD website at https://police.ucdavis.edu
CAMPUS COMMUNITY SAFETY TIPS FROM UC DAVIS POLICE
- Always close and lock doors and windows.
- Always be alert for unusual activities and unfamiliar persons loitering in the area.
- Do not keep valuable items near windows with open drapes.
- Light all entrances or use motion-activated lighting.
- Trim landscaping near doors and windows to avoid concealment
- When returning home, be mindful of anything unusual with your residence.
- If you ever feel you or others are in danger, call 9-1-1.
- Use UC Davis Police Safe Rides after-hours on campus by calling 530-754-COPS or download the free TransLoc App to your smartphone device.
- Resources for survivors of sexual violence can be found online at sexualviolence.ucdavis.edu or by calling the UC Davis Center for Advocacy, Resources & Education (CARE) Program at 530-752-3299. You can also email this program email@example.com
If you would like further information about UC Davis Police Department resources, please feel free to visit our website at https://police.ucdavis.edu
Sergeant V. Kwong #1010
UC Davis Police Department