December 2022: Burglary
CLERY NOTICE | Case #: C22-1892 | Date: 12/05/2022
WHAT IS THIS NOTICE
CLERY notices are released by the UC Davis Police Department (UCDPD) when certain crimes are reported on or near campus property, in compliance with federal law. These notifications provide information about campus safety situations and allow campus community members to take precautions for personal safety. If you would like to learn more about why these alerts are sent to you by the UC Davis Police Department, please visit the CLERY website at https://clery.memberclicks.net/the-clery-act
LOCATION OF CRIME
1271 Blue Ridge Road (Orchard Park Redevelopment) | 459 PC – Burglary
SUMMARY OF CRIMES
On 12/05/2022 at approximately 2:25 AM, a male subject was seen pushing a washer and dryer set out of the construction site. A contracted security officer questioned the subject about the appliances who stated he was moving them for the construction company. The subject was last seen walking westbound on Blue Ridge Road toward West Village. Suspect(s) had entered the unoccupied building by removing a window from the wall. The washer and dryer set were taken out of the apartment then moved out of the building.
Suspect(s): Male Adult, 30’s, short dark hair, short beard wearing a black sweater and black pants.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about this or similar incidents should contact UCDPD at 530-752-1727. Updates regarding this incident, when and if available, will be posted on the UCDPD website at https://police.ucdavis.edu
CAMPUS COMMUNITY SAFETY TIPS FROM UC DAVIS POLICE
- Always be alert for unusual activities and unfamiliar persons loitering in the area.
- Light all entrances or use motion-activated lighting.
- If you ever feel you or others are in danger, call 911.
- Use UC Davis Police Safe Rides after-hours on campus by calling 530-754-COPS or download the free TransLoc App to your smartphone device.
- Resources for survivors of sexual violence can be found online at sexualviolence.ucdavis.edu or by calling the Center for Advocacy, Resources & Education (CARE) Program at 530-752-3299. You can also email this program firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like further information about UC Davis Police Department resources, please feel free to visit our website at https://police.ucdavis.edu
Sergeant V. Kwong #1010
UC Davis Police Department