November 2022: Burglary
CLERY NOTICE | Case #: C22-1840 & C22-1819| Date: 11/20/2022
WHAT IS THIS NOTICE
CLERY notices are released by the UC Davis Police Department (UCDPD) when certain crimes are reported on or near campus property in compliance with federal law. These notifications provide information about campus safety situations and allow campus community members to take precautions for personal safety. If you would like to learn more about why these alerts are sent to you by the UC Davis Police Department, please visit the CLERY website at https://clery.memberclicks.net/the-clery-act
LOCATION OF CRIME
1350 Med Science Drive (Medical Sciences Building) | 459 PC – Burglary
SUMMARY OF CRIMES
On 11/19/2022 at approximately 3:31 AM, a white male adult wearing a brown jacket with a hood, dark pants, carrying a bright purple bag and crowbar was seen on live security footage leaving the building with a red toolbox containing various tools. Additional tools and a drill bag were later found missing upon inventory. Suspect had entered the building by prying the door open with a crowbar.
On 11/14/2022 at approximately 4:32 AM, a white male adult, slender build, wearing a dark hoodie, jeans, black sneakers, cap and mask, carrying a purple duffle bag and crowbar was seen on security footage inside the building. Suspect tried to enter a secured room then exited the building. Nothing appeared to have been stolen. Suspect had also entered the building by prying the door open with a crowbar.
Suspect: White Male Adult, wearing a cap, brown jacket with a hood or dark hoodie, jeans or dark pants, black sneakers, carrying a purple duffle bag.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about this or similar incidents should contact UCDPD at 530-752-1727. Updates regarding this incident, when and if available, will be posted on the UCDPD website at https://police.ucdavis.edu
CAMPUS COMMUNITY SAFETY TIPS FROM UC DAVIS POLICE
- Always close and lock doors and windows.
- Always be alert for unusual activities and unfamiliar persons loitering in the area.
- Light all entrances or use motion-activated lighting.
- If you ever feel you or others are in danger, call 911.
- Use UC Davis Police Safe Rides after-hours on campus by calling 530-754-COPS or download the free TransLoc App to your smartphone device.
- Resources for survivors of sexual violence can be found online at sexualviolence.ucdavis.edu or by calling the Center for Advocacy, Resources & Education (CARE) Program at 530-752-3299. You can also email this program email@example.com
If you would like further information about UC Davis Police Department resources, please feel free to visit our website at https://police.ucdavis.edu
Sergeant V. Kwong #1010
UC Davis Police Department