October 2022: Auto Burglary
CLERY Notice | Case #: C22-1636 | Date: 10/11/2022
WHAT IS THIS NOTICE
CLERY notices are released by the UC Davis Police Department (UCDPD) when certain crimes are reported on or near campus property, in compliance with federal law. These notifications provide information about campus safety situations and allow campus community members to take precautions for personal safety. If you would like to learn more about why these alerts are sent to you by the UC Davis Police Department, please visit the CLERY website at The Clery Act (clerycenter.org)
LOCATION OF INCIDENT | CRIME
615 Hopkins Road |10851 VC – Vehicle Theft & 459 PC – Auto Burglary
SUMMARY OF CRIME | INCIDENT
On 10/11/2022 in the early morning hours, unknown suspect(s) unlawfully entered the fenced lot and forcibly entered multiple UC Davis vehicles, stealing tools and service equipment. The suspect (s) then hotwired and drove one of the vehicles to the area of entry, leaving the vehicle at the scene.
No suspects have been identified and the investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about this or similar incidents should contact UCDPD at 530-752-1727. Updates regarding this incident, when and if available, will be posted on the UCDPD website at https://police.ucdavis.edu
CAMPUS COMMUNITY SAFETY TIPS FROM UC DAVIS POLICE
- Always close and lock doors and windows.
- Always be alert for unusual activities and unfamiliar persons loitering in the area.
- Do not keep valuable items near windows with open drapes.
- Light all entrances or use motion-activated lighting.
- When returning home, be mindful of anything unusual with your residence.
- If you ever feel you or others are in danger, call 9-1-1.
- Use UC Davis Police Safe Rides after-hours on campus by calling 530-754-COPS or download the free TransLoc App to your smartphone device.
- Resources for survivors of sexual violence can be found online at sexualviolence.ucdavis.edu or by calling the UC Davis Center for Advocacy, Resources & Education (CARE) Program at 530-752-3299. You can also email this program email@example.com
If you would like further information about UC Davis Police Department resources, please feel free to visit our website at www.police.ucdavis.edu
Sergeant C. Boothe #1015
UC Davis Police Department