October 2022: Negligent Discharge of BB Gun
CRIME ALERT | Case #: C22-1747 & C22-1748 | Date: 10/31/2022
WHAT IS THIS NOTICE
A crime has occurred that does not meet CLERY timely warning criteria, but it is necessary to notify the community due to lack of suspect identity.
LOCATION OF INCIDENTS | CRIME
La Rue Road and Russell Boulevard / 246.3(b) PC – Negligent Discharge of BB Gun
La Rue Road and Hutchison Drive / 246.3(b) PC – Negligent Discharge of BB Gun
SUMMARY OF CRIME | INCIDENT
On 10/30/2022 at approximately 8:20 PM, victim was biking northbound on La Rue Road toward Russell Boulevard when they felt their back sting then heard two popping sounds. A dark blue SUV drove past the victim where they saw a passenger holding a black pistol (orange tip and possibly orange colored trigger). The SUV was last seen going eastbound onto Russell Boulevard.
A second victim later reported that they were walking northbound on La Rue Road and Hutchison Drive when they got shot in the shoulder with a BB gun. Suspects drove off in a dark-colored SUV heading southbound on La Rue Road toward Hutchison Drive. Both victims declined medical attention.
Vehicle: Dark Blue or Dark-colored SUV
CAMPUS COMMUNITY SAFETY TIPS FROM UC DAVIS POLICE
- Always be alert to your surroundings.
- Be aware of the location and situation that will make you vulnerable to crime, especially in darkness.
- Avoid people and situations that make you nervous – Trust Your Instincts!
- Stay in well-lighted areas as much as possible.
- Try not to travel alone. Always try to vary your routes to and from work or school.
- Walk confidently and steadily, making eye contact with people when walking.
- Use UC Davis Police Safe Rides after-hours on campus by calling 530-754-COPS or download the free TransLoc App to your smartphone device.
- If you ever feel you or others are in danger, call 9-1-1.
- Resources for victims of sexual violence can be found online at sexualviolence.ucdavis.edu or by calling the UC Davis Center for Advocacy, Resources & Education (CARE) Program at 530-752-3299. You can also email this program firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like further information about UC Davis Police Department resources, please feel free to visit our website at https://police.ucdavis.edu
Sergeant V. Kwong #1010
UC Davis Police Department