September 2022: Negligent Discharge of BB Gun
CRIME ALERT | Case #: C22-1500 | Date: 09/28/2022
WHAT IS THIS NOTICE
A crime has occurred that does not meet CLERY's timely warning criteria, but it is necessary to notify the community due to a lack of suspect identity.
LOCATION OF INCIDENT | CRIME
La Rue Road and Orchard Road / 246.3(b) PC – Negligent Discharge of BB Gun
SUMMARY OF CRIME | INCIDENT
On 09/27/2022 at approximately 7:55 PM, the Victims were waiting for the crosswalk signal when the occupant(s) of a dark-colored 4-door sedan shot at the victims with a BB gun. The victims were struck in the thigh but declined medical attention.
Vehicle: Dark-colored 4-Door Sedan, Honda or Toyota
CAMPUS COMMUNITY SAFETY TIPS FROM UC DAVIS POLICE
- Always be alert to your surroundings.
- Be aware of the location and situation that will make you vulnerable to crime, especially in darkness.
- Avoid people and situations that make you nervous – Trust Your Instincts!
- Stay in well-lighted areas as much as possible.
- Try not to travel alone. Always try to vary your routes to and from work or school.
- Walk confidently and at a steady pace, making eye contact with people when walking.
- Use UC Davis Police Safe Rides after-hours on campus by calling 530-754-COPS or download the free TransLoc App to your smartphone device.
- If you ever feel you or others are in danger, call 9-1-1.
- Resources for victims of sexual violence can be found online at sexualviolence.ucdavis.edu or by calling the UC Davis Center for Advocacy, Resources & Education (CARE) Program at 530-752-3299. You can also email this program at email@example.com
If you would like further information about UC Davis Police Department resources, please feel free to visit our website at https://police.ucdavis.edu
Sergeant V. Kwong #1010
UC Davis Police Department